Friday 2 December 2016

Blogs: Is There Any Body Out There?

This blog was created as a way to interact with the course material and concepts talked about in Citizen Media and the Public Sphere. Blogs are a platform in which citizens can express there opinions and interests and they work as a virtual space for conversation and interaction with others. I have learned a lot about blogging over the course of this assignment and i have come to truly believe that blogs are a positive form of online engagement.

Though my blog personal did not receive any comments that does not mean that my voice and my ideas have not been heard. In fact this blog has had quite a few views despite its lack of comments. What this tells me is that even though no one has commented, people are reading what i have to say. Whether my posts have help to educate someone on particular topic or even sparked an idea in the mind of someone else, that is a success to me.


I think that social media platforms whether blogs, Facebook or Twitter allow for the sharing of thoughts, opinion and ideas. They allow people to participate in the making of content and for the creation of conversation. Though not all blogs become popular, they are still a  means of online engagement, and ultimately i think that is the most important aspect of citizen media. 

No comments:

Post a Comment